Sunday, April 26, 2009

Black Sunday

Best Buy had a $10 game sale today. The details were leaked on the web a few days ago, but it wasn't until the Sunday newspaper ads came out that the clueless public knew about it. There were about 100 games for $9.99, spanning Wii, PS3, 360, and DS, and I was most excited for Devil May Cry 4 and Infinite Undiscovery... two cool games that I just didn't want to pay full price for. By the time I showed up at Best Buy at about noon however, I was too late. Sold out. People that read the newspaper get up early! Sure, there were still plenty of copies of Quantum of Solace and Alone in the Dark and even the crappy Wii version of Samba de Amigo... but who cares? I almost settled for GTA: Chinatown Wars for $20 (what a steal!), but then I remembered that I don't ride buses or planes enough to get handheld games. And when I'm home, I can pop in GTA IV and be infinitely more entertained. So I bought some new shorts instead (not at Best Buy) and went home to play some of the stellar games I own yet haven't even opened. Americans are so wasteful and greedy! Sucks to be us, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Update: found Infinite Undiscovery at Wal-Mart for $10. Yay for the automatic ad-price match of the world's most successful department store! Nothing like cutting a game's price by 75% just because someone else did it first.

    ReplyDelete