Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm the world's greatest!

A while back, I complained about the Guinness Book for having not enough beatable records in it. Then I remembered, oh yeah, there's already a place where all the game records in the world live: Twin Galaxies. So what's the first thing you do when you're a serious gamer and you see a bunch of scores you can beat? You find out which ones you already have. Apparently, I'm already the world record holder on about half the songs in Amplitude on PS2, and I'm sure I have beaten some of the records on Frequency if I could just find out where my game disc went! However, to actually beat the record and have it verified, you have to film yourself doing it. You can't just mail in picture of the high score screen. Since most of the Amplitude playing was about 5 years ago, I'm a little rusty and I'm having a hard time recapturing my ultra-high scores. But even today, I was able to play a few levels and almost double the world record scores on a few of the songs. It looks like it may not actually be the highest scores in the world, just the highest scores of a person that had the time and energy to submit a score. That could be me.

One guy on the site currently holds 5,019 records across all different types of games. In second place is 890. I may not be able to top Mr. 5000 but I think I could at least get in the top 10... I mean, how hard can it be to get 400 world records? Ok, maybe it would be tough. But, like Steve Wiebe from King of Kong, everybody wants to be good at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment