Thursday, April 9, 2009

I fell in love with the majesty of colors.

Today I found this game on IGN's Indie Picks of the Week - The Majesty of Colors. It reminds me of the old Flash game flOw because of its simplicity. It's also very Braid-like with its storytelling - simple yet beautiful. I connected in mere moments with Majesty's sea creature more successfully than I have connected with any character in any game in recent memory. This game should be used in the "Games are art" debate, because, while the graphics are totally retro, the game feels beautiful. It's hard to describe just how easily it evokes an emotional reaction without relying on Hollywood standards like classical music and a slow fade out. Even though there is a slow fade out. Whatever. You should play it. Also, I managed to find all the endings except "C." Any clues?

In fact, the other games by this guy Greg are also super cool... particularly Bars of Black and White. I have really never played games on the computer, let alone weird, artsy, indie games. But that is probably going to change after tonight. Cool. My world just got a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment