Monday, June 1, 2009

"Give me more money!" - Nintendo

So I downloaded Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on WiiWare today, and I was pretty pumped. Until I found out that to get the whole game, you have to download $3/each episodes that will come out at the rate of about 3 a month for the next 3 months or so... turning my $8 game (great deal) into a $30 game (not as great). Still, it's Final Fantasy 4 for the next generation, so I won't complain too much. But couldn't I have just paid the World of Goo price of $15 and gotten the whole game at once? Nintendo is doing this online thing all wrong. They're taking all the bad parts of online play (nickel and diming the gamers to death) and ignoring all the good stuff (why doesn't Punch-Out!! have online mulitplayer?).

Still, it's a cell phone game ported to the Wii that will eventually cost me about $30 if I want the complete experience. I'm buying... guess I'm a fanboy. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment