Thursday, June 11, 2009

How hard is it to write a cover letter?!

Stayed up all night writing a beautiful, eloquent cover letter full of quips and witty insights to please the Penny Arcade gods so they would hire me for the most satisfying job in the history of time.

Hit "Apply."

"Your cover letter is over the maximum character count. The maximum allowed is 2,000 and you have 3,428."

*&(^**$%^%@@%!@#

So I took out a third of my personality and sent it in anyway. Kind of like a homemade lobotomy, except more painful because it was self-inflicted. I'm sure I removed some unnecessary embellishments and a few overly florid phrases, but there wasn't that much to edit off.

I hope I still sound awesome. :(

I feel awesome. Except that it's 7:30 in the a.m. and I woke up yesterday at 10:00 then worked 15 hours then got home and cranked out a beautiful cover letter then was told it was too long so I fixed it after another hour of preening and now here I am.

Sleepy.

Good night for now.

But I'll be back.

GL out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment