Friday, March 13, 2009

WiiWare's next hit?

There is a "new" game coming soon for WiiWare called Bit.Trip Beat. It looks like Pong with Geometry Wars music. You can see a video here. It seems neat, for about 2 minutes. I was incredibly interested at first, "Oh hey, a Wii game that's trying something different! Maybe this game can be as good as World of Goo was. Maybe people will even pay for this one." (Apparently about 90% of the World of Goo downloads were stolen for free by Wii hackers) But, sadly, no... it's all style and no substance. I shouldn't get tired of playing a game before the preview trailer was over.

Maybe this is one of the reasons there aren't free demos on the Wii like on Xbox Live. Maybe it's because the Wii has a hard drive capacity that rivals and Apple II. Maybe they could come up with some kind of rental program where you can play the complete game for a day or two for a few bucks. Then you don't have to risk your $15 on some Wii Crap.

You know that the original Xbox Live Arcade games cost $2?! What happened to that? I miss that. But I never had Xbox Live on the original Xbox. I was like everyone else. I had a PS2.

No comments:

Post a Comment