Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oooohhhh... a multi-part feature!

Tomorrow I will be starting, you guessed it, a multi-part feature. "Neat!" you say, or "What is this all about?" For the next however many days I choose, I will break down, "What makes genre X so interesting?" There are many new games blending genres into blockbuster games, but back in the day, there were pure RPG's, pure FPS's, and pure racing games. I'll examine the aspects of each that created a loyal following for particular gamers. Some people only buy Madden each year, while others only really enjoy JRPG's. Why? Hopefully, I'll explain it very eloquently while defining the aspects that need to be present in the Perfect Game. Not the perfect game of all time - people's tastes are far too divergent. But at least I can get close for the genre. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment