Friday, March 20, 2009

Another first time

I won my PlayStation in a bingo game.

The youth center in the place I grew up had weekly bingo. For $2 you could play ten cards in a row, with increasingly better prizes. They ranged from a bucket of candy to CD's to pogo sticks to the granddaddy of them all, a brand new Sony PlayStation. It was the final game and you had to blackout your card in less than 55 called numbers. The amount of numbers that could be called increased each week, guaranteeing that it would be won eventually. I won it. I jumped up and down yelling "BINGO!" and even had my picture taken and stapled to the wall. I was the envy of my school.

It came with one controller and a demo disc. Luckily, it was early December. Guess what I wanted for Christmas? That's right: Crash Bandicoot and Ridge Racer - the best early PlayStation games.

Now I have hundreds of PlayStation games and my interest has carried over into the new generations and will continue to grow for the rest of my life. My dad wished I would have gone outside or something instead of living in my fictional digital worlds... too bad I won a PlayStation. My life has never been the same since that fateful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment