Saturday, February 28, 2009

How can I give credit where credit's due?

There have been many articles written recently on blogs and in magazines decrying the buying of used games. They don't make any money for the game's creator or publisher. It just makes money for GameStop or the pawn shop. You'll usually only save $5 or so on new games... isn't helping the game industry continue producing terrific games worth $5? I think it is.

But what about older games that are still new? When I bought No More Heroes for $20 at Wal-Mart, the receipt said "Wii Software," not "No More Heroes." Does Ubisoft still get some money for this? Does Suda51? Does it even count? I refused to pay $18 for NMH used at GameStop because I knew that nobody would get credit for me trying something new on Wii. Did my plans fail anyway? Maybe... I don't steal music off the Internet anymore either. I can't expect credit for my work if I refuse to give it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment