Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time vs. Games

I have two jobs and work 50 hours on a slow week. This means I have plenty of money for games but no time to play them. I have games from last Christmas I haven't even played yet. That's Christmas 2007, not 2008. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, No More Heroes, Blue Dragon, The World Ends With You... all quality games that there are just not enough hours in the day for. It took a year to finally complete Oblivion - the first and so far only game that I've been able to get all the achievements in. I find that XBOX Live is like my new A.D.D. best friend. I can have 20 minutes of arcade fun much more easily than I can slog through Metal Gear Solid's 2-hour intro or an hour-long tutorial level on any other $60 360 game. Bite-sized fun is easier, faster, and more likely to be had by people with responsibilities. I'd love to complete Fallout 3, and maybe I will. In a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment