Monday, February 16, 2009

Arcades Live!

...in your living room.

Street Fighter IV releases tomorrow in America after selling out in Japan. Every copy in stores is now in someone's home. Wow. I haven't played a fighting game seriously since my friend Vega and I got every single costume in DOA 2: Hardcore on the PS2. Come to think of it, that was the last time I had friends that would actually hang out with me... Fighting games just aren't as fun alone. Still, I am a fan of the classics. I haven't found a single review of SF4 that doesn't say, "keeps the best of the old while bringing in the best of the new." Apparently, it is the perfect sequel, and I will actually pay my hard-earned $60 to see a game company make a perfect upgrade of a genre they invented that was on the verge of death. Fighting games have always been about direct one-on-one competition, and now that Street Fighter finally has online play, maybe I can get into the genre a little better. It's hard to find people to come over and play video games all night when there's school, jobs, and girlfriends in the way. Now that I know there are people gaming at 3 a.m. when I finally drag myself home from Domino's, I can find friends again in a game that, until yesterday, I honestly had no intention of buying. I want to be part of something great, something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment