Thursday, May 14, 2009

The good old days are back again

Look.

ThinkGeek has released a portable NES game player that looks a bit like a Game Gear, only gray and with a giant NES cartridge sticking out of the top. It's a lot like a Nomad, only 8-bit. Also, it's only $50! The Escapist didn't like it... but I would totally load up on batteries and hit the town. If only I took the bus! I'd never see the other riders again, what do I care if they think I'm a dork? Maybe it'd even be a good conversation starter, "Oh, you're playing Mega Man 2? Awesome! Can I have next?" No. No you can't.

It comes with AV cables that let you plug it into your TV, but there doesn't appear to even be an option for an AC adaptor. The only way I played Game Gear was with it plugged into the wall. I didn't want to buy 6 more double-A's every two hours to play Sonic. This one isn't that bad, with 4 AA's giving you about 8 hours of playtime... but still. Would it have been so hard to let you use the AC adaptor that comes with the DS, or even the old-school original NES power brick? Yeah, it's hefty, but it would just add to the 1337 geek factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment